11/16/08

0004: Charles Cameron and Sunshine Festival: I Will Never Stop Loving You

My post about dancing with a gorgeous woman reminded me of this song. It's obscure to say the least - though it may not be available on iTunes, you can preview the song here and subsequently acquire it from here.

The first time I heard this was while watching Love Jones. Darius gets Nina to come out with him to a reggae club and they dance to this song. 

Most songs that have the word "love" in them are either very sad and melancholy or very happy and full of life, and this song is the latter. The scene from the movie (roughly time-stamped around 00:28:45) made me want to go to the Wild Hare, and really, Chicago. It also made me a fan of Nia Long (mmmmdelicious).

For a long time, this song was my Holy Grail of music. It was out there, I knew it, but it seemed so unattainable. But because I have it now, I truly love the internet.

This post sums up a lot of what I want to do with this blog - remember the things I should have never forgotten, and work off of the tangents that come to mind because of it. And also to introduce you all to something worth introducing you to.

Anyway, enjoy. This is alllllll mellowsmoothe.

No comments:

Post a Comment