11/17/08

0005: Jamiroquai: Butterfly

I ALWAYS forget about this song. I'm always displeased with myself when I figure out that I do. But I can't realize that I've forgotten about it unless I rediscover it, and THAT is why I started posting about my rediscoveries. 

More soul than electronic or synth-pop, this song has a fleeting quality I dig so much. Perhaps the long drawn out flowy notes he sings at the end of his lines, maybe the elongated strings all throughout, but most definitely it has a lot to do with the subdued background chants of, "I want it, I want it" - that's some sugar right there.

Reminds me of driving on a long, endless road with no one else around, backdropped by rolling hills, the setting sun, and the sky. And oddly, it feels right in the winter, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment