11/27/08

0014: Justin Timberlake: Magic

What a lovely tease this is. Reports have it that Stargate (producers of the track) let this one leak into the music-loving public. No one is quite sure about whether this song is intended for a future album or if it was a spare b-side that was never used.

I'm hoping for the former because this track is hot. I've obsessed myself with deciphering the lyrics, but there's a spot in the song that's nigh unintelligible, and it's starting to drive me nuts. But I press on through frustration.

It's very indicative of JT's pop and dancy sound, so there's nothing new here. That's actually a good thing - his voice and persona carry it well, so I don't see a reason why he should tinker and foul a proven formula that's still widely accepted and appreciated.

I've been sitting on this song for a while now... kinda figured that everyone who's reading this post knows how to use the internet and by extension knows how to find things on said internet. It's been a little over a month since the leak, but I say better late than never. For those of you who've not heard it yet, let this post be your heads-up: I urge you to cop a listen. It's a banger.

I'd point you in the right direction with this song if I had a viable link. Y'all are gonna have to do some footwork for this one. Trust me, it's worth it.

And when it does become a track on a new album: BUY IT

No comments:

Post a Comment